Lets just say that going to a theme park is not on the top of my travel to do list. That said I had a blast at both the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Having my kids with me defiantly made it extra special. This review will give you an overview of each park and some tips!
Magic Kingdom- July 6th 2014
This park has something for everyone. From the awesome Space Mountain Roller coaster to Pirates of the Caribbean, every ride is special. You don’t just line up and wait to go on the ride, even the line ups are enjoyable (yes it is true) but to be honest the longest we ever stood in line was about 30 minutes!. On arrival at the park we went straight to guest services for fast passes.
What is a fast pass? Well it is kind of like a reservation that you can make for up to three rides at the park. The fast pass lets you skip the long lines, it would be crazy NOT to take advantage of the fast pass. Once you have used up your three fast passes that day you can add more.
There is a very user-friendly app that you use to make your fast passes and other Disney perks manageable called “My Disney Experience” you load it to your phone, scan your ticket and volia.. you can start planing your day. You can use the app for everything from Fast Passes to Meal reservations. If you are with family and friends you just connect your tickets and you can plan your fast passes at home before you even arrive at the park.
We had a group of about 16 people the day we went to the Magic Kingdom and connecting all the tickets through our app seemed a little tricky so we went to guest services, they fixed us all up. Planned our fast passes and off we went. The rides we got our fast passes for were:
Space Mountain Roller coaster , Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
As soon as we used them up we go another one for Splash Mountain. Here is a pic of me on splash mountain… I am on the right, 2nd row, in the red dress 🙂 Warning, this ride is scary lol.
Advice for the best day at Magic Kingdom
1) Download the My Disney Experience App before you leave home. Once you have your tickets play with it and get you and your family and friends connected. If you plan ahead you can get the most out of fast passes and the park.
2) Use your fast passes wisely. Don’t waste them on shows, these lineups are never bad. Use the fast passes for the big rides with big waits. The four mentioned above probably give you the best advantage. If you or your kids want to meet a character, like the Disney Princess, the fast pass is also good for this.
3) The indoor restaurants will give you free ice water if you ask for it!
4) You will get wet on Splash Mountain!
5) You will see lots of people walking around eating turkey legs. They look disgusting, cost a fortune but man are they delicious! You have to try it. They are sold in Frontier-land. Its worth the effort to find them. Trust me on this! (picture left)
6) There is a new ride this year called the “Seven Dwarfs Mine Train” The lines were ridiculously long when we were there. I would strongly suggest that if you want to try the new ride, (which does look awesome) try get a fast pass for it (we couldn’t when we were there) or go straight for the ride as soon as the park opens in the morning. When we were there is was an 1 hr 45 min wait!
7) Enjoy the crowd, the noise, the heat. And if you start letting it get to you just hum a few bars of “Frozen’s”, “Let it Go” and you will be fine 🙂
Next Review…Hollywood Studios